Friday 6 November 2015



This is an analysis of 'Foo Fighters learn to fly' music video with strong references to narrative theories, for example theories presented by Todorov and Propp, two theorists who identify several conventions and components present in many music videos. It is beneficial for me to analyse existing products in this nature because when creating my own music video it is important that I understand narrative conventions that are present in other pieces of successful media, thus applying them to my own music video may help to increase my video's popularity. In addition to this I can also establish which narrative conventions appeal to which target audiences and thus I can decide what narrative conventions I will apply to my own music video for purposes of attracting my own target audience, in this case it is important for analysis of genre to come into part. This particular music video was confirmative to Todorov's narrative theory and appeals due to its humour applied within Todorov's structure of narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment