Thursday 10 September 2015


Hall of famedeconstruction from naomipalfreman36

Here I have deconstructed the first four shots of the music video 'Hall of fame'. It is important for me to do this as it not only gives me inspiration for the producing of my own music video, but also enables me to develop my understanding of shot types and typical conventions used in successful music videos available on today's market. I feel inspired by the shot types, editing techniques ,mise-en.cene and of course the lyrics and music, demonstrated in this music video and so I feel I know have enriched thoughts about what kind of things I could include in my own music video. One thing that stood out for me in this music video was the mise-en-cence of lighting. The range of both high key and low key lighting throughout the video really influences the mood of the audience and their interpretations of the lyrics so therefore I will definitely experiment with my lighting in my music video to ensure that the lighting is in fact reflective of the lyrics and mood I am trying to create- this idea of my visuals (in this case mise-en-cence lighting) actually follows the typology of Andrew Goodwins 'Illustrative' music videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment